Tuesday, February 28, 2012

To my Homies!

Just an update on the regular happenings' at the Powell's!
To start, we filled our freezer this last fall!

Hugh went deer hunting for some White Tail with his buddy Izaac in Minnesota. He bagged three deer and then came home and we took the whole fam out to hunt some Antelope! We both bagged one and Hugh got to brag about the size of his and I bragged about how I could shoot one, drop it dead at 430 yards! Seriously, the herd of Antelope just stood there looking around wondering what happened. They didn't know what it was till we started walking up to it!
Hugh had the Guys come over and helped with the meat processing. It was quite a chore! I am so thankful for great friends that are willing to get their hands dirty!


We also made some yummy meat sticks with some of it.

I even got some great peaches from my neighbors and we went Black Berry picking, I froze them.

I have been experimenting with some sugar free recipes and higher protein. This one is some Blue Berry muffins my kids love!


I have also perfected my "Brownie" recipe, which is actually a protein bar grain free, sugar free, and low carb!


I am no domestic diva but thanks to pinterest I have found it exciting to copy other peoples ideas. I made it for Libby's Halloween costume!, its a Tinkerbell costume I found on the web! Libby loved it and still plays with it


Colton was a mad scientist, he fit the part very well! I just forgot to take his pick. We sprayed green hair spray in his hair and made it stick strait up. He even wore a cool white lab coat and we made slime for him to keep an a very large test tube. It was so fun!


This spring semester I decided to take off from my schooling. Since Hugh has gone to work far away and I am left a single parent most of the month my grades have been falling. So, a break is needed till we figure something else out! Besides, nursing schools are tough and I need to be able to put some attention into it when I finally get in! Maybe next year? I also found a grey hair! had to take a pic of it.


Hugh has applied for the Idaho State Police and is jumping through their hoops in hopes for a secured job with benefits and to be able to be home. He is doing good so far, pray he keeps it up!

Colton is getting older and forming his own opinions of things. He is now getting picky about types of music he likes and how he looks. He use to not care. He is becoming so grown up and it is happening way to fast!

Libby is still, and forever, the baby. She is almost five but likes to pretend to be a baby. She loves to be held and cuddled (I love it to). I just hope she can clean her room by herself soon! She always scams Colton into doing it for her! He is such a nice brother to her.

Well, I think that's about it for now! Until next time peeps.

1 comment:

Ben and Shani said...

Wow, you are a domestic diva! Good Job! I can only imagine how hard school is when you have kids! You will get back, I know your determination. The Tink costume is super cute! Love it!! Too funny, you took a pic. of the gray hair. I try to pretend it is not happening and they do not exist. No Documentation:)

Followers