Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The year of the Rabbit (2011)

Skimming over this year Spring-Summer:
I am so sad summer is over but I also LOVE fall. I just hate winter so close. Winter is always hard here, not sure why, but it is. If it could be Fall for half the year then spring the other half I would be in love with Idaho, but it just doesn't work that way...so I "like" Idaho but my love is always Hawaii.

Here are some pics of things we did:


Libby figuring out Chutes and Ladders game

Colton mowing the Lawn for the first time ever!

Our new rental... it's a cute old farm house that has been remodeled inside!


Our yard is awesome! We have a tree swing and a trampoline...great for the kids.



Our wood pile I am very proud of, not an easy task to chop and stack! I only hope it lasts most of the winter.

COLTON!
Colton is growing like a weed, he has needed a whole new wardrobe for school and eats us out of house and home! He is discovering how math can be fun and still loves to try crazy science experiments!
LIBERTY!
Liberty is growing too...she loves pink and princesses! But she is also a tomboy, climbing on everything and collecting bugs is her forte!
Hugh and I are plugging along, I stay busy with school and the kids while Hugh is working crazy hours for weeks and then comes home for a little "R n R"... with hunting coming soon it will be filled with trips to the mountains! I can't wait for a full freezer!

5 comments:

joeandchelle said...

My heart is in Hawaii too! (although, Florida is growing on me) I don't know that I could live in Idaho... not just because of the cold, but the mormon "bubble" that's there... I miss you! I hope everything is going well with you! The kids are getting so BIG! Where has the time gone? Your house looks adorable, and what a yard! So great! Next time we are out there, we'll try to get together! :)

Seth and Mandy said...

Love the post and new pictures! I have to say that I love Idaho. Our winters are pretty mild and the people are GREAT!

Ben and Shani said...

Your house looks so cute. I would love that yard. It is nice to see some pics of the kiddos. McKinna and Bodin are eating us out of house and home as well. I was telling Ben the other day, that I can not grocery shop enough for them. Glad that math is growing on Colton. It did not grow on me until the end of college when I had a really great instructor. Hope school is going great! We hope to see ya'll in the near futer.
Shani

Powells said...

Michelle, I would love to go to Florida... is it much like Hawaii? or overpopulated? It would be awesome if you guys stopped by next time your here! Shani, Colton has a great teacher this year that makes it fun for him. They use math to make art and add it to science as well, its good for him to see how its all connected! I feel so blessed Colton got into Mr. Kershaw's class, he was really struggling in the last few years. I too hated math until I had one good instructor in college who helped me. She said most math is reasoning, so it only makes since that most people don't get it until their frontal lobes are developed. Other than that its just getting it in pieces. I hope to see you in the future too! We love your family!

McKinna said...

I miss youll.

Followers